Thursday, June 21, 2007

So, why can't I write? Writers block?

"I must write!," I'm thinking in my early morning walk. "I must write!" Is it a foul mood that has overtaken my heart? Spiritual opposition? I don't feel depressed, though maybe diminished in mental acuity by age and the desensitizing avalanche of words all around me. So, I must write; and write I will.

Yes, it is a battle of will, of priority, of necessity. All the wonderful issues and articles and books which clog my mind and, yet, remain unwritten must push their way through the detritus of everyday responsibilities and fly into some form of accessible print. Those factoids and anecdotes, those truths unexplored and unexpounded are building up pressure to soon burst forth from the mind's source-pipe.

May it be so!

Enough with scribbled notes and digital text-file outlines! On to the main course!

May it be so!

No comments: